[last updated September 2020]
The business of Amvy Digital Limited is marketing and involves the collection of personal information from individuals who may be interested in a specific type of service, and the sale of this personal information to our clients, who are businesses that provide services in the area for which the personal information was collected.
- When we talk about 'us', we mean Amvy Digital Limited and the entity detailed in the schedule. We are the operator of this website. When we talk about 'you', we mean the person using this website or services of this website or participating in any surveys, questionnaires or quizzes produced by this website. When we talk about ‘client’ we mean the business or businesses that engage or deal with us to purchase the information we collect. Our client(s) details are listed in this schedule.
- 'Personal data' or 'personal information' is information that directly identifies you, such as your name and email address, or data that could be used, on its own or in combination with other data, to identify you.
- It is very important to us to protect your personal data and to use it strictly in adherence with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- You can browse our website anonymously, although cookies may be collected. You will not be able to access surveys or questionnaires anonymously.
COLLECTION OF DATA
- We collect personal data about you when you give it to us or explicitly consent for it to be given to us. This generally occurs when you complete an online form, survey, quiz or questionnaire in which case you have chosen to consent to the collection and subsequent sale of your personal data.
- We collect and process the minimum amount of information we need to be able to sell your details to our client, so that our client is able to contact you about their services and deliver effectively to you the service you have expressed interest in, or to fulfil a service contract, or to meet a legal obligation. How much data we collect depends on the type of service you have expressed an interest in. This information can include:
- Name (Full Legal Name)
- Email Address
- Phone Number (Personal or Company)
- Loan Amount
- Loan Duration
- Loan Purpose
- Company Details
- Other information that is required by the client or the company we work with to assess your application.
- We will not seek sensitive personal data from you, such as health details or information revealing your religious beliefs or ethnic origin.
- Other than listed above, we do not collect financial information relating to you such as bank card details.
- We may also use ‘cookies’ on our website to provide a way for the website to recognise you and keep a track of your preferences, and to enable you to contact us directly from the website. Cookies may also be used to optimise website speed for your convenience, to allow you to customize our web pages and so that you do not have to keep filling in your details repeatedly. We may collect information about your IP address and how you used our site.
- That data collected by cookies does not usually identify you, but may be combined with other information to identify you. If we identify you using information from cookies, we may use that information to track how you use our website and send you information more specific to your needs or to invite you to purchase one of our services.
USE OF DATA
- We sell your personal data to our clients who may use your personal data to contact you about products or services they deliver or sell. It allows us to align the products and services of our clients as closely as possible to your needs and situation. Our clients may then contact you to offer or market their services to you.
- We may also process your usage data (your IP address, geographical location, the manner in which you used our site etc) for our legitimate business purpose of monitoring and improving our website.
- We will also disclose your personal data where legally compelled to do so.
STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF DATA
- The personal data you provide to us is stored at CRM which has strict security to ensure data protection, integrity and confidentiality. While we do our best to ensure the security of your data, no storage is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the safety of your data. From CRM, your data is then transferred to our client. Such a transfer may include the transfer of information across borders depending on where the client is. This means your data may be transferred to, and stored, on computers outside of your state or country and the data protection laws may be different from those where you live. By agreeing to this policy, you agree to such a transfer.
- Data is deleted from our storage at CRM every 30 days. This means, if we have collected your personal data, we will delete it within 31 days.
COLLECTION OF DATA OF MINORS
- We do not intend to collect the personal data of persons under the age of 13. If you are the guardian of a minor and suspect they may have provided us with their personal information, please contact us and request to have the minor’s personal information destroyed (use the contact information in the schedule below).
- At your request, we will tell you what personal data about you is being processed, on what basis, and by whom. If you decide your data should not be processed for one or more purposes, you may withdraw your consent from using your data in that way. Please note that we will action your request as soon as practically possible however such a request will not take effect immediately and you may still be contacted by our client in the meantime.
- You may amend inaccurate, incomplete or outdated personal data at any time by applying directly to us using the contact information in the schedule below.
- You may also request that all personal data we have collected about you be deleted from our records and erased from information stored by any third party organisations processing data on our behalf. We have implemented an ongoing destruction process so that any collected data is securely destroyed within 31 days of collection.
- If data we have collected about you is processed using automated means, you have the right to receive that data in a structured, machine-readable format and to transmit it to another data controller without hindrance.
- Please let us know if you have any requests, feedback or concerns regarding the way we manage your personal data. Use the contact details listed in the below schedule. We will respond to you within 30 days and take action, within reason, as quickly as possible.
- If you are not happy with how we manage your concerns, you can contact your local data protection supervisory office, which in the UK is the Information Office Commissioner.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
It is important to us that our privacy notice is regularly reviewed and we will do so to keep it relevant and up to date with changing laws. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new policy on this page.
Amvy Digital Limited is registered in England & Wales under company registration number 12833451. Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) registration number ZA785524
Our principal place of business is:
AMVY Digital Limited
29 Northwick Road